Building Usage Policy
Guidelines for Weddings and Receptions
- The bride and groom (to be) must first consult with the pastor.
- The Bride and groom (to be) are to provide all food ready for serving.
*Decorations are the responsibility of the bride and groom (to be). No nails please!
The Aitkin United Methodist Church’s Service Group will assume the following responsibilities:
- Setting the tables
- Arranging and serving the food.
- Cleaning up kitchen and basement reception area.
Members and Non-Members
1. Use of the church includes the sanctuary, class rooms & utilities for the rehearsal and wedding.
2. Serving only. (The bride and groom shall provide all food)
a. Light lunch (cake, punch, nuts, candies, etc.) $2.00 per plate
b. Light lunch plus sandwiches and pickles $2.25 per plate.
c. Dinner – $2.50 per plate
*There will be an extra fee charged for preparation
- It is necessary to have a designated member of the church present at the time when services are rendered.
- The wedding party and parents are responsible for removing decorations, candelabra, etc. Immediately following wedding and also cleaning of class rooms and kitchen if used.
C. Special Fees – Members and Non-members
Members and Active Friends of the congregation – no charge
Non- Members – $200.00
Custodian – $35.00
*All above items are added to the church use fee for non-members with the exception of the Custodian fee.
Organist – $60.00
Member and active friends of the congregation – no charge
Non-Members – $250.00
Guidelines for Funerals
Members and Active Friends of the Congregation (includes: mothers, fathers, children, grandparents,
grandchildren, brothers, and sisters)
Due to the nature of funerals, it is assumed that there is no fixed charge for the use of the church building.
The Congregation of Aitkin United Methodist Church greatly appreciates undesignated memorials as these are then available for the care and upkeep of its properties and ministries. Use of memorials must be approved by the Board of Trustees and/or the Leadership Team.
Should the United Methodist Service Group’s provide a meal after the funeral it is suggested that a contribution be made directly to the United Methodist Women. The arrangements for this meal shall be made between the United Methodist Women representative and the family members.
- Cake or bars, coffee and/or beverage $2.00 per plate
- Light lunch. Consists of: sandwiches, cake / bars $4.00 per plate
- Dinner – Hot dishes, salad, desert, etc. $5.00 per plate
Non- Members: (No affiliation with the church)
Use of the church facilities – $100.00
Custodial Fee: $ 35.00 Payable to Neil Kruse
Pastors Fee: $200.00 Payable to the Pastor
Sound Booth Fee: $ 40.00 Payable to operator
If the United Methodist Church Service Groups are requested to furnish lunch for
the funeral the following charges apply:
- Light lunch – Cake or bars and beverage – $3.00 per plate
- Light lunch + Sandwiches and pickles – $5.00 per plate
- Dinner – Hot dishes, salad, desert, etc. – $6.00 per plate
Additions to the Celebration of Life Service shall be made by the family with the approval of the pastor of Aitkin United Methodist Church.
It would be greatly appreciated if the Pastor could meet with the family and Funeral Director at the funeral home, to make arrangements for the service and facilities usage.